The National Library Of Wales Privacy Statement (Incorporating The Data Protection Statement)
The National Library of Wales gathers personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of the Library. The Library holds this information securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The Library collects your personal information for the purposes of:
- Staff administration: for example, appointments, payroll and pensions.
- Accounts and records: for example, issuing readers' tickets, ensuring that orders are completed.
- Information and databank management: for example, maintaining the accuracy of catalogues and directories, compiling Library statistics.
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders: for example, ensuring the security of our collections and the safety of our readers.
- Research: for example, finding out how we can improve our services.
- Education: for example, arranging educational visits to the Library.
- Promotion: for example, to inform you of exhibitions, special offers or future projects.
Your personal information is retained for a reasonable period. We may sometimes contact third parties to provide us with a service (for example, a mailing house contracted by us to send you a Library newsletter) but we will never allow any third party to use your information in any way other than that contracted by ourselves. We will not disclose your information to any other organisation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you are entitled to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To exercise this right you should make your request in writing, using the Library's Subject Access Request Form and send it to the Library's Data Protection Officer, Pedr ap Llwyd. There is no charge for a subject access request. We will endeavour to respond to any request within one month of receiving all relevant information from you. You also have a right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information that we may hold about you, and the right to object to the processing of your information if you believe that we do not have the right to process that information.
If you would like further information about the Library's Data Protection Policy, please contact Pedr ap Llwyd (tel. 01970 632 952, e-mail email@example.com).
You are welcome to view the National Library of Wales' current data registration in the Data Protection Register (registration no. Z7670787)