The Welsh Literature Archive Project
The literary archives of the future are likely to contain computer documents, e-mail messages, web pages and so forth, as well as papers and books. Rapidly changing technology offers us multiple options, tools and experiences in everyday life, but this situation also presents a serious challenge as we think about safeguarding our cultural heritage.
The project aims to
- research the field of digital and hybrid archives (paper and digital)
- raise awareness and create discussion concerning digital preservation
- collaborate with a sample of prominent authors (English and Welsh language)
- plan to receive and preserve digital literary archives
- assist authors, and others, to safeguard their precious electronic documents.
Read the project report
The Welsh Literature Archive Project Final Report can be seen in the right column.
For more on the project's work and activities see raising awareness and leaflets and articles.
Why is it important to take care of our digital materials?
Take a look at our guidelines for authors and other useful links.
Please feel free to get in touch with Ifor ap Dafydd, Development Officer for The Welsh Literature Archive; we would very much like to hear your views:
memory(at)llgc.org.uk or +44 (0) 01970 632 543