Gwlad Gwlad - The National Anthem of Wales App
Would you like to learn to sing or pronounce the Welsh National Anthem?
You may even want to learn a harmony part: alto, tenor or bass.
Our app will help you, and it will also give you an insight into the history of this wonderful song.
Gwlad Gwlad is available to purchase on the following platforms:
Apple - Gwlad Gwlad for iPad in the iTunes Store
Apple - Gwlad Gwlad for iPhone in the iTunes Store
Android - Gwlad Gwlad in the Google Play Store
A version for Desktop PC can also be purchased on the eto Music Practice website.
- Learn how to pronounce the Welsh words of Hen Wlad fy Nhadau.
- The words can be practised/imitated from appropriate slow speeds to the speed at which it is popularly sung.
- Practise in phrases or sentences. Start and stop points can be easily chosen and these sections can be repeated at the various speed until mastered.
- Learn to sing the melody; you can choose Female Melody or Male Melody.
- Learn individual harmony parts: Alto, Tenor or Bass.
- The melody, individual harmony parts and the words can be practised in sections.
- Whilst learning your individual part, you can have an instrumental accompaniment, your own part sung for you and eventually the other three parts for you to experience singing with others in harmony.
- Follow the music notation and words for each part on the screen with a real time Beat Counter appearing above the music. This will keep you in time as would a conductor. The words are also highlighted in their appropriate place.
- You don't have to be able to read music to learn but you will have a better understanding of the music notation after singing with the App.
- The App also gives the history of the music, lyrics and composers, illustrating the wealth of the National Library of Wales's collections.