Cartographic Imaginaries: Interpreting Literary Atlas
Coming soon 23.3.19 - 8.6.19
Cartographic Imaginaries presents an inspiring collection of commissioned artwork in response to twelve English language novels set in Wales. These form part of the wider Literary Atlas of Wales project which explores how English language novels set in Wales contribute to our understanding of the real and imagined nature of this country.
Showcasing new works by contemporary artists who explore the fascinating imaginative connections between people and places.
The Literary Atlas of Wales project is funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council.
Artists and Novels:
- John Abell: Revenant, Tristan Hughes (2008)
- Iwan Bala: Twenty Thousand Saints, Fflur Dafydd (2008)
- Valerie Coffin Price: The Rebecca Rioter, Amy Dillwyn (1880)
- Liz Lake: Shifts, Christopher Meredith (1988)
- Richard Monahan: Aberystwyth Mon Amour, Malcom Pryce (2009)
- George Sfougaras: The Hiding Place, Trezza Azzopardi (2000)
- Joni Smith: Mr Vogel, Lloyd Jones (2004)
- Amy Sterly: Pigeon, Alys Conran (2016)
- Locus: Sheepshagger, Niall Griffiths (2002)
- Rhian Thomas: Border Country, Raymond Williams (1960)
- Seán Vicary: The Owl Service, Alan Garner (1967)
- Cardiff University Student Project Strike for a Kingdom by Menna Gallie (1959)